Monday, 1 August 2011

Vienna

Far out. Most amazing place. Sorry Chicago, but Vienna gas surpassed you for my favorite place in the world.
Literally everywhere you look is an amazing building. And at the end of every street is an amazing church.
It seemed that no-one was coming to pick Sharon and I up from the airport so we took the train and u-bahn to the hotel. Such an adventure =D
Went to Karlsplatz, the Belvedere, Stratsoper Burggarten, Stephansplatz, St. Peter's, PRATER, Schonbrunn palace (went into the very room that Mozart gave his first concert at the age of SIX), Naschmarkt, Natural History museum.
Everything is so epic, so beautiful. I won't even try and describe it here. Don't worry, I've taken 450 photos over the last two days.
If you ever come here, don't go on a bus tour. The underground is so efficient and everything is almost walking distance. just walk around and you'll be amazed. We got distracted walking from one major sight-seeing place to the next. Sat in some random parks looking at amazing palaces. I loved it there. The freedom to do whatever we wanted to. Saw "the Kiss" by Klimt in the Upper Belvedere. I feel so cultured ;)
I can drink alcohol here legally! I didn't even get ID'd ;) and it's so cheap. About €2 for 0.5L nom.
Actually the most amazing place.
Left this morning though - crossed the border into Ljubljana <3>
Ahh AYO stuff begins now. A concert in the Postjna castle tonight!

2 comments:

  1. How come you're traveling around... have you finished with school or is this a school trip thing? Vienna is amazing eh. Nice work on the blog. Blogs are ace.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nah, Still at tango :) I'm in Auckland youth orchestra and we're doing a tour of Austria Slovenia Poland Germany, finishing in the young euro classic in Berlin :) It is SO amazing!

    Thanks! Heh

    ReplyDelete