Monday, 27 June 2011

Family.

Family is actually so meaningful. Growing up, I think that to some extent, I took my immediate family for granted. They were just always there, and so I didn't know what it'd be like if they weren't there for a little while.

Tonight, my brother and Fiona came home and we all went out for dinner at a Chinese restaurant. It felt good to hang out with him again, and it was nice to have the light on in the room next to mine. I kinda missed being the young one in the family who could afford to just sit out of the conversation and play some Fruit Ninja. Oh wait, I would just ignore people and play it anyway =D




My brother (left) and I
After I got home, I had a sudden urge to dig into the cupboard and for a good 20 mins me and my parents poured over old photographs of when I was just single digits. There were a lot of photos of when we travelled to the South Island, when I was just 2. There were photos of us in Invercargill, Queenstown, Christchurch.. Going on one of my previous posts, it's crazy how even though so much changes over time, a lot also stays how it has always been. Obviously Christchurch has been struck by so much misfortune over the past year, but Queenstown and Bluff look pretty much identical to how they looked when I went a couple years ago for badminton. And so it feels like yesterday, and an age ago, since those fleeting moments that I can still remember so clearly.

Looking back also reminds me of when I met family friends who were in HIGH SCHOOL. They were pretty much like adults, going on msn messenger and the like. I don't feel too grown up right now.

Relativity is a weiiiird thing.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Daniel~
    Nice to meet you here~
    Hope you won't mind =)
    your cousin from Taiwan, Jasmine

    ReplyDelete