Tuesday, 16 August 2011

Back to New Zealand. (relatively pointless post)

So I'm home. Back to school, back to life. Even though it's only 3 weeks and 2 days until mocks, school has been good for the last two days. Seeing friends again made me realize how much I had missed them. Can't imagine what next year will be like, when everyone goes their separate ways. It seems that in the time that I was gone, everyone had made up their mind as to where they wanted their life to go, and more often than not, that was away from where I want to go.  This chapter of my life is quickly coming to a close.

With my adventures overseas, came forfeiting of some high school experiences. Missed the ball, missed rep photos, a KFC party in Japanese. Pretty trivial things, I know, but still.

Auckland welcomed me back with extremely cold weather - highs of 10, lows of 2? yay. It "snowed" yesterday - didn't get to see it because I was at KBB. After 40 minutes of personal practice the night before, the Orchestra performed at KBB, with me as its concert master. what! it went okay I think.. better than i had hoped for. Chamber orchestra was up next, and this one didn't seem to go so well for me :/
The best thing about the day, though, was catching up with friends who I haven't seen since KBB last year, or even longer ago than that.
I can't believe that this is my last KBB. I still remember my first one, in 3rd form, when I went with the orchestra and the THIRD FORM STRINGS. Still remember those 7th formers who seemed amazing at their instrument.

So now I begin my catchup for FOUR weeks of school. Chem is impossible. I didn't understand a single word in that class today. On the bright side, I have so much time on my hands now that MAX is finished, and AYO doesn't start for a couple (fingers crossed) weeks!

Apologies for this extremely jumbled post.

No comments:

Post a Comment