The tour was awesome - great tour guide and interesting places!! It's called the insider tour (I think). Humboldt university is awesome - the faculties are so pretty. Went to bebelplatz (sp?) where students burned 20,000 "un-German" books. Einstein, the brothers Grimm, Karl Marx, all went to this uni. Visited many other places, and also the Konzerthaus LOL. pretty incredible that we played in such an amazing venue! Stopped from an awesome lunch in a biergarten. Got a "green beer". Basically they added some sort of sweet syrup to it. Nom!
Checkpoint Charlie and the Berlin wall were incredible. It's hard to believe that Berlin was only unified in 1989! Crazy stuff. Heard all sorts of stories about attempts to escape east Berlin. Headed to Berlinerdom after the tour. Hehe got in for free (u18) such an amazing cathedral! Better than most in Vienna I think. Finished off the afternoon with some shopping in Friedrichstrasse. Too many high end shops...
Went to the Netherlands' concert at the Young Euro Classic. They did an opera by Rossini. Simply stunning. Although I didn't understand the plot =P After the opera we headed to Hard Rock cafe! Had a "long Island iced tea" nom. :)
Today I have a free day in Berlin, while the others head to Frankfurt and fly out from there. I can't believe that the tour is coming to an end. I feel like I've grown up a whole lot, and seen a whole lot more. Traveling is amazing.





No comments:
Post a Comment