Perception of time has always confused me. Can I really say that the past six weeks have flown by? I can't remember the last day I spent at school. And ironically it's strange seeing myself here, already going back home.
The last month and a half have been intense. Even with UMAT it's hardly been an academic exercise. However I feel as though I've learnt so much, and have extended my capabilities. Reflecting on what I've done in the time away, I've had it so good. Travelled to 5 countries, walked around 10 towns/cities, eaten new food, drunk new drink, tried new things, met new people, and made new friends.
I think that I've changed, compared to the person flying to Brisbane on the 2nd of July. It's hard to pinpoint exactly what that difference is, but it's definitely there. Wouldn't call it maturity - maybe just experience. I've gotten grasp on what's important in the big scheme, where I want to be in 10 years time, what my priorities should be, why I remain motivated.
Home sounds pretty good right now. Just a bit of normality - even if that includes catching up on so much work, and studying for exams that are distressingly close. Friends and family are sorely missed, MUM's COOKING is being craved, ability to talk to easily communicate... priceless. It seems that I've missed a bit, which is a bit sad, considering that it is my last year of high school. Birthdays of friends, events at school, close teachers leaving and in general just happenings at school. It'll nice to be back (at least from the perspective of someone who's been commuting 24 hours ago, with five and half hours left to go.
And so "normality" comes again to Daniel's life - starting with the KBB music festival tomorrow...
No comments:
Post a Comment