Today was the day of the Chamber Music competition. We started rehearsing in February, working on the one piece.
The competition was at Dilworth, whereas it has been at Dio for the last couple years. The last time I competed there was all the way back in year nine, in "9 Strings!" As we walked down the familiar steps to the practice rooms I saw the very room that we were in about five years ago.
Like I said in one of my earlier posts, things have a way of ending before you expect them to. Today was the last time I'd be competing in the competition, (unless we magically make it into the semifinals) and also the last time I saw Mrs. Mayes, our tutor.
This year is one of change. Big change. So many things are coming to a close, and even more opportunities and experiences lined up for the future.
Excite.
No comments:
Post a Comment