So it's the night before exam period, but I don't have an exam until Monday :). The rugby world cup is upon us, with the opening in just two days. I can remember our free morning at forum, when the installation in britomart still read one hundred something days until the RWC.
Still living at Massey uni on the nights where I'm free. Last night me and Dave got yelled at by a crazy librarian who thought we were talking. Awkward because we weren't. Being the man that I am, I enlightened her with that little fact, and the lady next to us even vouched for us. She got us go show our school ID'd and then stalked off to shelve some more books. That was probably the highlight of her day. I can't help but feel that part of the reason that she was so ready to believe that we were being disruptive, was because we were Asian. I can never figure out whether it's all in my head, or if people's preconceptions really does that. When I go back to Taiwan it feels so strange that I'm the majority - what they're used to seeing, and there's nothing different about me.
I can taste freedom on that one tastebud on the corner of my tongue. The stems are forming on the maple trees outside, and the daffodils have bloomed already. Wheee. 9 days until exams finish!

No comments:
Post a Comment