Monday, 26 September 2011

Exhausted.

Ignored my blog for ages. Or at least it seems like ages. But when I checked, I actually updated it six days ago. it does NOT seem like six days ago that I posted that. Funny, because my exams were over by then!

Exams finishing did not mean freedom, however. I had to finish two research internals that I had missed while I was away, in the space of one week. That's basically what I did with my weekend. I handed both of them in today, and when I got home I was so exhausted I slept for 3 hours. Woke up even more exhausted. Come to think of it, it's the first time I actually felt unstressed since February this year. As soon as MAX finished, I was off travelling, back for UMAT, went away again, came back for exams. Boom. End of September. 
Although I'm getting my results tomorrow, and I have a Japanese conversation internal on thurs. it's okay. argh. It's okay though :)

Every few hours I suddenly realize, yet again, how little time there is until the end of school. 18 more school days. That's crazy. I'm so excited to finally get out into the real world, although I'm perfectly aware that I'll come to miss high school eventually. I still don't feel like it's all coming to an end. Spent five years at this place. Come to know the ins and outs of it all, how it works. Familiar faces at every turn, the shortest (or longest when necessary) ways to each class. Now that we're almost there, I feel a twinge of sadness leaving, too. But the excitement outweighs all else. Meeting new people, going to new places... I wish I would know where I was going next year already! 

It's the time of year when everything is coming to a close. Had the last Shore Youth Council meeting ever today. Started organizing the leaver's assembly - the last time we'll be together as a year level. Finished the coursework for 4/5 of my subjects. The cold is receding, and warm sun is replacing it. We power through the year with our eyes glued to our feet. One foot after another, one foot after another. We conquer so much, but we don't realize this until we reach a stop sign, look up, and see how far we've travelled. 

leaving you with a pretty sweet song - Atlas Hands by Benjamin Francis Leftwich


Dan

No comments:

Post a Comment