I have forbidden myself from doing any form of work this weekend - going to take a break from it while I can afford to!
The day started when I went to Kmart to buy CHALK. just $4 for a big tub of it! Got a Maccas Mocha (which wasn't half bad) and headed over to the Albany Domain Hall, where the Arts4CHCH event is taking place.
It took us a good 20 mins to get into the actual place, because the key we were provided with wasn't cut properly... Luckily we found a spare. In that time I drew a practice Arts 4 Chch sign on the pavement outside, and realized how much each sign used up.. D: oh well.
Finally, we got into the venue, and man it has got such a great vibe! Love the space, and the teddy bear that lives there. There was already a mural put up, that was made by primary school kids. Loved it.
We got sponsored stuff from Four Letter, Huffer & Creative Ambience. All the stuff is so cool and legit! Can't wait to spend all my money on raffles... :D
Soon after we got in, the artwork started arriving, and man they're all so good. Can't believe how talented people can be - I remember taking 4th form art. I was hopeless, to say the least.
Cecilia & I headed out to chalk up some pavements near the area. Took so long, but it looked pretty good I thought! Got all my fingers grazed up though from when I missed... D: We made it all the way to the mall, where we went to get some supplies! Got some epic paper clips, bluetack, vivids, and bought them from Merryn, who I haven't seen for a year! Then headed over to the Warehouse where we got the cheapest sheet possible for the banner.
Then, a result of my ingenious idea, we went to ask if we could draw outside cotton on. Good advertisement for us, good publicity/attention for them! Luckily they saw it how we saw it, and we got to do it! Looked pretty great I reckon.. :D
FOOD and more chalk was up next - Oh MAN the mall was packed. Took like 5 minutes to find a table at the food court! D: nom nom vanilla coke & sushi.Stopped by the new maccas on the way back to ask them, but apparently we weren't legit enough by telling them unblinkingly about what we were trying to do, and we didn't have any proof that we're actually running this amazing event and not just randomly advertising a false amazing event 2 minutes walk from that maccas. yeah cos someone would do that. in the end we couldn't get advertising there... geez.
At 2, I left to go to Eliza's 21st party! It was in Takapuna, and it was so cute! It's been ages since I've seen her! and i think i was like the only person below the age of 20 there.. But that's ok, because maybe half of the people there were in med school?! Had great conversations and made a lot of new friends! Such awesome people. Happy birthday Eliza! Such an oldie you are.
After this, I headed to get a haircut by this dude called Ricky, and picked up Wei-Kai on the way. I think it's pretty good! it's a little bit different but I like it :)
So that was my exciting as day.
Tomorrow. It's the event. So much excite! Can't wait
Here's the link to the photos we took behind the scenes today!
http://goo.gl/LzoWQ
![]() |
| Happy Eriza! |





No comments:
Post a Comment