Tonight the family went to Wildfire in the Viaduct for dinner to celebrate my dad's 50th birthday! It's actually on the 30th but I won't be here then. What an epic meal. Meat after meat after more meat! It got too much pretty soon though.. All that protein.. But it's worth the experience! Haha at the end they delivered a slice of birthday cake to our table with a very enthusiastic rendition of Happy Birthday.
After dinner, Dad had a Conference of sorts at the metro, and I spent the following two hours in Borders on Queen St. I hadn't been here properly since I was a little kid. I found a lonely planet phrasebook for European languages for just $5!! What a bargain =D
After that was all done I headed straight to Weikai's house. Last time we hung out was before AYO Camp.. No wait before biofutures.. No wait before I started studying for MAX. I can't believe that it's been more than two months since I'd been to his house! Crazy.
We went to bubble tea and had a totz cute time. Lychee slushy and winter lemon milk tea are both really good!! Defos recommend it!
Got into a mad rush for packing once I got home. Still think I overpacked a little bit - may take out a few t-shirts. Worst case scenario, I need more. Oh no. I have to buy clothes in Europe. Tehe.
So tomorrow I head off. Flying to Bangkok at 1:30pm (13 hour flight), a two hour layover, then a 10 hour flight to Vienna, arriving at about 5am.
KEEP AN EYE ON THIS BLOG - hopefully I'll be able to update it with what I get up to! Wifi in hotels look promising! :)
Dan
Have a fun time Dan :D Just remember I'll be wallowing in self pity when I realize you won't be at the SYC meeting but in sunny, sunny Vienna and such, but don't worry, I'll be your stand-in and update you (:
ReplyDelete