Tuesday, 19 July 2011

Excited.

Yes yes, it's still 9 days away. But still. I'm starting to get excited about it. I've never been to this part of the world before, and I feel so lucky to be able to be going there!

In some D&M's a couple years back we discussed how it seems that the more you experience, the harder it is to get excited about things that really should be exciting. So now that I'm excited, I'm REALLY excited.

First stop is Vienna, where I get to a day after everyone else, since I have to sit my UMAT on the 27th of July. What gets me the most is that the places that we're going to aren't the most obvious destinations in Europe. Austria, Slovenia, Germany, Poland. I hear that they're beautiful. I bet they are. You won't have heard much about the places where we're going, and neither have I. Gotta start planning for the free days though! I'd welcome any suggestions :)
I'm excited to just walk around in parks and sit in cafes and just watch the world go by for a little bit.

Not gonna lie, I'm a little bit nervous too. I don't speak a word of German or Slovenian... Which may be not so good. Might try pick up a few phrases on the flight there, or live a little and learn as I go? Not to mention that there's only one other person, Sharon, who's flying there with me. What if we muck up the connecting flight from Bangkok to Vienna? We are flying half way across the world after all.

Just kidding. Europe will be awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment