Wednesday, 29 February 2012

A different time.

So, uni is in full swing now. It's officially the last day of summer today, although the sun's not showing its face at all. The transition into university life has been a relatively easy and quick one. I've met so many new people in the last few days, and even managed to remember 70% of them! The CHEM110 lecture is at 8am, and so this semester I will be getting up at 6:15am, four times a week, to catch the 6:57am bus. This conveniently takes me right up Symonds St, so as to minimize the effort required to get to uni everyday. The upside to this is that the sun rises over Rangitoto island just as the bus crosses the harbour bridge. For now, at least. It'll be that much harder to get up in the morning without the view over the harbour to look forward to.

Uni is so different to high school. Breaks are at least 1 hour long, 90% of people have MacBooks and/or iPhones, and all the lectures are actually interesting. Admittedly, we've only had one proper lecture for each paper, but least it's about the subjects I want to learn about. There's also the mosh pit getting into each lecture, especially POPLHLTH111. In this paper, there are all the Biomed, Health Science and Pharmacy students, and there's only one lecture per day. This means that the Centennial Lecture Theatre fills up in 15 seconds on average, and there are 3 overflow lecture halls. Yesterday, we went to the actual lecture hall, and barely made a seat. It gets so crazy that they actually employ security guards to stop students pushing their way into the lecture before the engineering lecture kids come out.

There's such a long year ahead of us. So much work to be done, so much stressing to be felt, but it seems like there's going to be a lot of fun times too. I'm also really enjoying having no lectures on Wednesdays :-)

In other news, my internet finally renewed. Set a new record - last month I capped it in 2 weeks. I'm blaming on the excessive amount of time I spent on my computer...

this is a cool song


1 comment:

  1. haha i've heard about your super full lectures! my friend (who doesn't even do biomed, he does nutrition but has to take some biosci papers), walked out between 2 lectures in the same room to talk to the lecturer and when he went back in it was completely full....

    ReplyDelete