Haven't really had anything happen in the last month, and hence I haven't updated very much.
Just recuperating, reenergizing, relaxing. The weather in Auckland has finally made a turn for the better, and I got my RESTRICTED license! Can't believe that I left it this late - it was hardly difficult. Although they're changing in on Feb 27th, to include a more intense test, AS WELL AS a mandatory documentation of hours. guts bo.
As of today, I don't have anything more to prepare for these holidays. That's because I got my wisdom teeth out this morning. So much fun going into the operating room, wish I could somehow get my hands on the video of them operating on me! And going under general anesthetic was too good. Had the best sleep ever! I think I had dreams, but I can't remember them. My face isn't too chipmunk-esque, although there's a steady flow of bloody saliva going on. Currently got an icepack shaped like a diaper hanging on my face. So attractive that I think it's the next big thing.
In the past month, a lot of my efforts of the last couple months of 2011 turned out to be fruitless. Perhaps subconsciously I wanted to stay in my comfort zone that is Auckland, or realized that it was silly to give up something which is just calling me, but Australia decided that they didn't like me very much. All goods, I think mum's cooking, laundry, nagging & control is far superior to instant noodles all day everyday.
Last Saturday, I also turned 18. How exciting! It was so good to be able to see all my friends on that day, some of whom I hadn't seen in a while. All of a sudden, I feel a bit more sure of myself, of my right to say what I have to say, kinda like how Eragon and Saphira felt when they discovered their true names (I'm halfway through the book Inheritance.)
High school has returned for 2012, and it seems like they hardly even got a holiday. I visited Rebecca, who had just gotten back from New York, and walking through the torrent of kids in uniform felt already so foreign to me.
Yup, so that's my month in a nutshell.
I'm now going to eat more potato and gravy from KFC (so good, and edible for a swollen face) and listen to the Temper Trap & Foster the People.
bye.
No comments:
Post a Comment