Since the beginning of 2010, I have made a monthly playlist - basically the songs that I listen to the most frequently that month. At the end of each year, I compile them into a year's worth of tunes that I loved, some I still love, and other that I've gotten sick of. It's interesting to look back at what I listened to, and can see evidence of times where I was more stressed, troubled, or happy.
On the bus today, I noticed that I was already up to September for the year. That's 9 playlists, full with songs that I discovered that month.
When I reached Albany station, I decided that I felt like walking back home. Usually I'm a lazy bum and get my parents to pick me up, but thought that they'd probably be asleep at this time. Some of the people on the same bus took taxis home - this other girl had an umbrella and was walking home too.
I begun my journey up the hill towards home, realising that last time I did this late at night I jumped out of my skin every time a car drove past. Halfway home, with my music still chugging away, I heard glimpses of bird calls in the darkness. I took my earphones out and the calm of night struck me. I didn't hear the birds again, but instead noticed the drops of rain, the damp pavement. With this, I slowed to a stop noticing the fresh air, and the warm glow of the street lamps.
I finally reached home, and the scenario of standing outside, looking in, reminded me of a story I wrote when I was in year 7. I think that the charge was to write something on some point in the future. My story was based on some post-apocolyptic year, on a foggy night. An older self that had long left the place returned to see my home, but ended up just looking, then leaving.
For a strange couple seconds, I convinced myself that I had time travelled back to the time when I wrote the story, and there was a 11 year old Daniel deep asleep a couple metres away.
------------------------------------------
So, I've neglected this blog since Uni starts all those months ago. Intentionally or not, I left when Summer disappeared, and returned when Spring has begun.
Apologies if this post seems extremely weird and trivial. It is 1:13am and I'm not a night owl.
bye c:
No comments:
Post a Comment