I decided to go check out the revamped Auckland Art Gallery! How many years has this building been under wraps?! So long so that it seems like it's jumped out of nowhere. It looks almost too good to be in New Zealand. Unfortunately I didn't take any photos, but it was pretty great! I found it interesting how there were so many different types of works all jumbled together... They seemed to sort it by who donated it? That's how it looked to me, anyway. There was a massive range of art movements there. Saw one Dali work, and reminded me of Berlin :/ wish there were more! Bumped into Julia there and had a good old chat.
The Art Gallery is definitely worth checking out, and it's FREE! How cool is that :)
Next up on my agenda, I headed down the Queen's Wharf. To be honest the cloud was a little bit of a disappointment... Way too touristy, and not really New Zealand-esque. Zoomed through this, and walked (very far) to Wynyard Quarter. This was a bit nicer, and had a great view of the harbour bridge! It's nice to see Auckland dressed up a little bit :)
![]() |
| View of Harbour bridge |
![]() |
| View from Wynyard Quarter (I think) |
Feeling hungry, I went back at got $5 kebabs at Kebabs on Queen, as recommended by Helen :) They were pretty good! :)
Bumped into Vanessa & Frances walking down Queen Street, and together we went and checked out Real Groovy. Can't believe I haven't been there before, it's pretty awesome :) Although everything is really expensive, they do have some quirky things there :P
So yeah, that was my exciting day by myself :) pretty awesome, I must say. I enjoy these days quite a bit tehe.
In other news, my sweater from One Nine Eight arrived! Wore it on tour last weekend. Loving it :)



No comments:
Post a Comment