Monday, 9 January 2012

Shoes.

Our feet carry us, but shoes are the buffer between our feet and the gravel, stones and sand. I have a weird sentimentality when it comes to shoes. Some of you may be aware that I enjoy buying clothes, maybe too much so for a guy. However, I have a very different attitude to shoes. I won't buy new shoes until the ones I am wearing have fallen apart. I can remember every time I have bought shoes since I started being sentimental about them, and there is a good 2 year gap between each time!

To me, shoes carry so many memories with them. They have gotten soaked at Splash Mountain in Los Angeles, climbed to the Tian Tan Buddha Statue in Hong Kong, dodged the Hot Spring Monkeys in Japan, been there when I watched a surgery, walked on the cobblestones streets in Slovenia. They have crossed borders, carried dust from one continent to another. They, to me, are physical reminders of where I've been, and where I will go.


No comments:

Post a Comment